Friday, August 20, 2010

Getting Ready to go Back to School...School Bus Craft

Next week marks the beginning of school for my boys.  We are looking forward to Orientations and Kindergarten testing, and of course new friends!  Since this will be the first year that Alex is riding the bus to school, I decided to do this fun craft with him.

Supplies needed:
  • School Bus Template
  • Construction Paper - Yellow, Black, White, and Red (or whatever color you would like - who says there can't be a purple school bus?!!)
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • Silver or white marker
  • Map (optional)
Step 1:  Print out School Bus Template and cut out each piece.  Use as a template to trace onto construction paper.

Step 2:  Cut out each traced item (my son needed a little help cutting out the windows)

Step 3:  Glue the bus down onto the map (I printed a map of our town and showed my son where we lived and where his school was) or on a solid piece of construction paper.

Step 4:  Write "School Bus" on the side of the bus.  Also, add a stop sign if you would like - my son insisted on having one - he loves road signs.

Step 5:  Hang on Refridge and enjoy!


I think it turned out great...but I am a bit biased!

No comments:

Post a Comment